Poses on one leg

Aim of practice: becoming present, bringing concentration to the body, getting more moving, mastering the centreNumber of participants: 1+
Time allocation: 8 - 15 min

The participants stand in the space so that all of them have enough space and can concentrate on themselves. Each stands on one leg. The aim is to use instability for movement: if I feel I’m falling, I follow so I can remain in movement but I also try to remain on the same foot without moving it. I repeat this with the other leg.

In the second phase, this movement is structured to frozen poses: I remain in the pose in which I take up the most space. When instability comes, I channel it to move to a different pose. Again don’t move from your spot and repeat this on the other leg.

added by Jan Mrázek

Comments